Saturday, March 31, 2007

Lemurs & Genius

I've written about the Jazz mutant Lemur a couple of times in previous posts, its an interactive control system for computers. Discussing it on a chairlift in France with my brother, he said he'd email me a link to a control system he'd seen. Similar to a sequence in the film "Minority Report" with Tom Cruise.

Its a system where you fully interact with a screen, using gestures (even body movements) to control a computer that then shows the result on the screen. It really can't be described properly, but I suggest you take a look at the video which is online here; http://multi-touchscreen.com/perceptive-pixel-jeff-han.html

The best thing about it is that the whole system was put together by a boffin and "about a ton" of hardware in his bedroom. Anything is possible!

Space Invasion. I found this rather unique key in my old house. I've always wondered if it was brought to earth by an alien race invading our planet. Maybe.....