Sunday, April 22, 2007

How time comes together

I like the concept of time, and every piece of work I do has lots of dependency on time. Music and photography in particular. I also like its fluid-ness, and the immense value of looking back at things with retrospect. I suppose that's why I decided to try and do a project based on it.

So far, at least, my time exploits haven't come to anything tangible. I tried to suggest that some of the images I presented at my half year review had their artistic basis in representing a moment of time, but its more true that that was retrospective thinking after each image had been captured. As an aside, I really like thinking of taking photographs as, in a literal sense, actually capturing the beams of light that are creating whatever it is I'm photographing. Maybe its the hunter gatherer in me coming out.

I do however, have several on-going pieces of work that are spawned directly from my time project. Its ironic that they're taking me more time to complete as I initially guessed they would or maybe I am simply still suffering from procrastination-fever.


Fresh Air. I think this moth had just emerged from a cacoon.