Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Learning Agreement: "Classic" Photography

I've become very aware of my (lack of) bank balance recently, especially due to the proximity to Christmas.

On a trip to Chorlton water park (South Manchester) and various other expeditions I've been over the last two months, it struck me I could possibly make some money selling prints of my images. I haven't a particular speciality in my photography.

I'd like to explore different kinds of subject (nature, architecture, people etc) and different techniques. I'd especially like to experiment with different types of lens (zoom, macro and wide-angle) and also with the different ways (and costs!) of printing and framing photographs.


Goose; This image is a turning point, looking at this I thought "I could sell these...." This has had some digital manipulation, post-exposure, to increase the contrast in the image. However I think I took this a step too far, when printing the image looks too unreal.