Saturday, December 23, 2006

Ask why? Live

My girlfriend Caiti said to me, very profoundly for her intoxicated state at the time, "To ask why, is to live" and whilst counting traffic last summer I wrote some words that were meant to reflect that sentiment. I ended up with something that was pretty heavy-going and not very good reading/listening - I don't think. But I'm still in love with the turn of phrase, it rolls from the tong beautifully and is full of philosophical meaning. I guy I used to work with would refer to it as "a poser".


I used a few sections of these words in a bouncy dark dance track, with a highly distorted vocal track. It sounds pretty good I think and may well end up on the album. There's no way you could tell its me either.

"Why is alive; why survive. To ask why is to live"