Monday, January 22, 2007

Fourtet Video Contest

I just had a look at Fourtet's website (http://www.fourtet.net/) - there is a competition currently running to make a music video for one of his tunes, which I think I will enter. The competition is run by an Italian website, that I had not previously been aware of (http://it.qoob.tv/) but it seems to be pretty good; it seems to be a social networking site (see MySpace or Facebook) but completely centered around the arts. Each user of the site can upload their own images, videos or pieces of audio/music and then any other members can rate, review and comment. On its own its not that amazing, but the actual quality of the work seems to be relatively high.

Fourtet (aka Kieran Hebden) is a creator of music, in one form or another. I actually have a personal connection to him, which I guess has influenced my opinions quite a bit, but nonetheless he is probably my favourite modern musician. Which is quite a big deal for me.

I will write more about Kieran soon, but for now I must work on the video for the competition.

The tune is called "A Joy" so I'll have to do something around that I guess.

Jarvis. To suit my current vocation of doing a music video to "A Joy" here's Jarvis, having some Joy.